Saturday 9 June 2012

3 ways to a better body inside and out!

1. "Muscles are made in the kitchen". Not only is this well know quote truthful, it very well just may be my favourite. Consuming a balanced diet consisting of whole and unrefined foods, is the most effective way to achieve most peoples goals. Once you are able to make better food choices consistently, you will gain an appreciation and appetite for what nature has to offer. I certainly enjoy and encourage others to enjoy a sweet treat or have a day where caloric intake is increased. Bre strategically places cheats in both my on and off season, this keeps me motivated to work hard for the next cheat. I also feel by having this on occasion, I am able to enjoy the cheat more so than if I were to be having one regularly. I usually go for homemade turkey burgers with yam fries, Greek or Mediterranean food. I always save room for a homemade snack that I bake and anticipate all day for. I have leaned that a well balanced and thoughtful food choices is so very important in obtaining a healthy body and shape.

2. "if it were easy, we would all be fit and healthy" truth is, its not easy......I have learnt this through experience. This month marks 2 years of working quite hard pushing my limits. Building muscle, losing weight and maintaining health and wellness should take and requires time. Once you start to see and feel the benefits of making better choices, I promise it is well worth your time and efforts. Goals can be reached, if you try hard and always do your best.  I reach my goals by following a constantly changing program, and make effort to have every rep, set and step on the mill or tread count. Creating exercise plans that change, allow time to recover, that are fun and leave room to enjoy life is the way to go.....or just contact Bre Seward......for a very reasonable price, she will do it for you.

3. SLEEP!!! this is an important one!! Quality sleep cycles is your time to grow and recharge from the day. It also will help with concentration, energy levels and has several other wellness benefits. I try to get 8 hours, and encourage all to do the same. The amount of sleep we individually need to function at optimal levels may vary based on several factors. I also as a registered massage therapist, I suggest to do this on your back. I see  many people with shortened chest muscles contributing to muscle imbalances, tension and discomfort through neck /upper back. Sleeping postures can be contributing factors, as we should be sleeping 6-8h a night totalling a complelling number annually.  In addittion to sleeping postures, there are also several other reasons to create such postures and muscular discomfort.

Proper fuel, hard work and recharging are in my opion the 3 primary ways to achieve health and wellness.

No comments:

Post a Comment