Monday 4 June 2012

I'm back, and feeling about 98% since having the 4 wisdom teeth out. I woke up today feeling recharged from a great quality sleep, ready to do my favourite morning activity.....CARDIO!! With a  cup of strong coffee, L-carnitine, glutamine, BCAA's and 40m later my metabolism is up and I'm ready to take on the day. I have been really focusing on the muscle mind connection, it really helps me maximise each workout! I try to make each second count!

I'm waiting for my WBFF theme wear to be delivered via UPS today. It will be great to try it on and send my weekly weigh-in and update to my trainer. With less than 3 weeks out, my plan will be modified according to what Bre's experienced eye observes. She has a real talent to cater diet, cardio and weighted exercises to benefit each athlete individually. She really knows how I respond to modifications at this point as we have been training together now for 2 years.
It was wonderful to see my "ashkim" Aydanur last week when we went to Bre's beautiful home to strike a pose. It will be great to see some of the girls that I have trained with at the  WBFF event on June 23 (beautiful sisters Steph and Kim) and all the great supporters in the audience!! The ladies of the team "tight bodies" are SO amazing!  I am still taken back at how generous Amy, Marina and Ida have been with the borrowing of their suit, so incredibly generous!!!!!  I'm so proud of Jacqui, she will be at the B.C's at the end of the month with Aydanur and Sharon.....whom all will sparkle on stage!!!. I feel inspired  by the kind words received from Andrea, Jewls and Britt.  I'm missing Tara, as she makes me giggle so much. I'm also remembering how sweet miss Carey was with the post evening show ``cold`` water set up.  As always, I also look forward to meeting new athletes and reuniting with the ones I've met before, as this is one of my favourite parts of these events. The sportsmanship athletes demonstrate is incredible, despite what I had initially anticipated. I know of a few ladies whom will be returning to the stage and a few for the first time. They are hard working and very friendly and encouraging.  I look forward to hanging with them backstage, eating almond butter honey and rice cakes!! (oh almond butter, honey and rice cakes....this is another favourite parts of the show for me!!! )
I have booked a room at the Fairmont YVR, and have already looked at the menu. I am also looking forward to all the glamour of getting my hair and makeup done!!
The next few weeks, I plan to stay focused and always do my best. I will be in constant contact with my trainer and follow the plan. One thing that she has said that stuck was " the girls whom do well in these events, stick to the plan" simple but very true!! its just something that I find helps when I am tempted to stray from the plan.

I encourage you all to get a good night sleep and to do things that make you happy. For me its training and achieving my own personal and fitness goals that really make me happy.

Yippie, UPS just buzzed my phone!!! looks like my theme wear is here!!!!

3 comments:

  1. You're going to rock it Dana!!!!
    you are so motivated and determined!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog through Andreas facebook page . Youre very motivating . Cant wait to see more .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are also rock solid ANDREA!!!! and just as determined as I, girl just look at your pics!!!

      Jenny, im glad you dig the blog!! im happy to be of any inspiration to anyone....we all deserve to be healthy and happy!!! i hope you have something that makes you happy!!

      Delete