Friday 1 June 2012

this blog is a long time coming! with a day off from gym and work to recover from extractions of all 4 wisdom teeth, figured today was the most opportune time to start blogging.

With this blog, I intend to assist and inspire people to live and maintain active and healthy lifestyles. Consider this the primary purpose of each entry. Secondary to that, i personally find by monitoring  my own progress through reading past posts, experiences and looking at progress pics and video clips are great tools to keep me motivated and on track.

I have been in the fitness industry competing now for 2 years this month. I was once unhappy, overweight and lost when it came to concepts of  balanced diets and exercise. I met Breanne Seward (coach of tight bodies, and my superhero), she has improved my confidence, lifestyle and made me realise how beneficial consuming whole foods and natural health products can be physically and mentally. I have trained with her for 2 BCABBA events and 2 WBFF (soon to be 3) , With the BCABBA i have entered in the bikini division at SWFC in 2010. I placed 4th, just missing advancement to the provincial level by 1 spot. My most recent event, I have tried figure division (which I love and will stick with) in Kelowna, with a 5th place finish. The BCABBA is a great federation, well ran and organised. This federation attract many amazing athletes whom advance into provincial and national levels. These athletes are dedicated hard working and inspiring people. I have such respect for all athletes in each division, for the top 3 in each division Iwish you luck at B.C's held at the end of this month. With a top 5 finish in Kelowna , I am happy to maintain a record that has me placing at each event I have entered, keeping me training hard and very motivated. I believe that I have what it takes to advance, I just need some time to gain some lean muscle mass. As Bob Marley once said ``he biggest man was once yet a baby``  I LOVE  this sport and wont stop until I have reached my goal!.  At the moment, I'm 3 weeks out from my 3rd appearance on the WBFF stage. In the past I have placed 3rd at WBFF river rock (Vancouver BC) and 3rd at WBFF Edmonton, which I dedicate to my sister and best friend, (Danielle) as the event was in her town on her birthday!! The WBFF is so glamorous and quite different than BCABBA, it has theme wear and a fitness model division. Fitness model is exactly the style and division I feel I should be in. I love the athletic look, I get such satisfaction out of lifting heavy and noticing muscular development, so  I will always be either figure or fitness divisions. The WBFF attract amazing quality athletes, whom also are always very beautiful! ``The best compete with WBFF`` . This year I really hope the judges notice all my hard work I've put in  over the last year, and grant me my pro card!! However, at the end of the day, I really do love these events with or with out a pro card.  I enjoy the prep and all events leading up to the big day. I certainly also look forward to the glass of wine and well deserved sweet treat after the show.

I welcome all of you to follow me as I gear up to step back up on the stage. I anticipate to post in my own words how I have been feeling about the contest prep, progress pictures, workout and stretching video clips and inspirational quotes.

I thank you all for your support!!

your partner in health and wellness!

2 comments:

  1. Dana!So happy to see you posting like this! You have been my inspiration during my first contest prep for Kelowna this year!
    I love your positive attitude and the support you have given to all of us team Tight Bodie girls!!
    I look forward to your future posts, and seeing yourgress on stage!!
    All the best, i hope i can be as motivating and supportive to you in your fitness efforts as you have been for me!!
    xoxo
    Jewells

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks team girl!! tight bodies forever!! xo

      Delete